On October 9, 2014 NEWMOA announced the launch of its new professional social network – The Zero Waste Connection. The new website provides a network for zero waste program managers and staff from federal, state, and local programs, as well as independent experts. The site also contains an information clearinghouse of resources to support programs and manage all of the information shared through the site.
The goals of the Network are to:
- Promote pollution prevention and sustainability as the preferred methods of achieving zero waste goals;
- Provide forums for zero waste professionals to share information on program development and implementation;
- Foster innovation in zero waste programs through the exchange of ideas in real time;
- Increase the adoption of zero waste practices among practitioners; and
- Increase awareness of zero waste opportunities and resources.
The Zero Waste Connection is brought to you by the Northeast Waste Management Officials’ Association (NEWMOA). NEWMOA is a member of the Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange (P2Rx), a consortium of eight regional pollution prevention information centers dedicated to improving the dissemination of P2 and waste reduction information in the service provider community, and funded in part through grants from the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).